Saturday, May 29, 2010
This week, we are joined by greatness! Did we clean up? Straighten up the living room? Carpet look nice? Good. Cause this week, Brad Nicholson of MTV Multiplayer and Giantbomb.com shows up to school us on how he and his awesomeness roll.
This week we stammer about:
- Project Natal Pricing Rumours and Innuendo
- Future Man-Machine Interface. SCIENCE!
- Easy mode is for wusses.
- Touya just got PWNED by Brad!!!!1
- Sonic Colours. Dissapointment personified.
- Heavy Rain, Sex in games and why it's creepy.
- Pokemon. Cause that's a natural segue from that last topic.
- Tetris has Achivements?
- What We've Been Playing this week, Brad expounds on Red Dead Redemption.
You can find Mr. Nicholson's written reviews at MTV Multiplayer and Giant Bomb, and you can hear him regularly on The Electric Hydra Podcast.
Friday, May 28, 2010
As I was looking threw Yahoo,I found an article on Hard to Handle Video Game controllers. I read it and it showed different types of controllers from alot of systems From XBOX to Dreamcast,this had some of the best. Like the Wii-Bowling Ball or the NES Powerglove. These controllers seemed like a good idea,but sadly. See with The 360 Project Natal coming out I saw that this article showed one of the first motion control controller called The Sega Activator,which was very hard to use and barely worked. It used in infrared beams to read movement. Sadly it didn't work right.
Now me, like most of the gamers out there, are looking forward on seeing if the Natal will live up to the hype and not fall to the wayside like this sad controller.
So till we see it,lets keep the Natal hopes high.
"In the same way a painting allows us to gaze upon the faces and
souls of people from another age, or a book permits us to linger on the thoughts of great figures from history and fiction, videogames can expand our awareness of the world as it is, was, or might be. The medium is still in its infancy, but read this again in a few years and see if this prediction hasn’t come true: as videogaming grows, we will grow."
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
This weekend we will be having a special guest on the Dude Wait What Podcast. I won't say who it is yet, in case he doesn't show up (you know how life is) but our planned guest writes for Giant Bomb, MTV Multiplayer and appears regularly on The Electric Hydra Podcast.
Most of you will have figured it out by now. Stay tuned this weekend for the episode!
Saturday, May 22, 2010
There is no escape. Don't make this podcast destroy you. You do not yet realise your marketing potential. You have only begun to discover your gaming prowess. Join this podcast and it will complete your training. With our combined strength we can end the console wars and bring order to the bargain bins.
If you only knew the power...of our topics:
- The Nintendo D$
- A HUNGRY PODCAST JUST WANDERED ONTO YOUR FARM! WILL YOU LISTEN TO IT?
- Killzone 3 is announzzzzzzzzzz...
- Japan has weird ideas about knights.
- How much are you willing to pay for free help?
- Musical Break: "Welding Dress (For my Dear FFXIII)" by EmpyreanAria (http://www.youtube.com/user/EmpyreanAria)
- Cute and browser based superheroes.
- We interuppt Jamie while he tries to talk about Sonic the Hedgehog
- What we been playing this week
Bob never told you what happened to your old videogames podcast.
I....am your videogames podcast.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Wow...double digits. We should really do some sort of nonsense anniversary thing, but I only really realised it was our tenth episode just now. Oh well. It's the week before E3 so right now news is at a halt, though somehow we manage to find quite a bit to talk about.
This week we articulate on-
- Potbellied pyromaniac pig pokemon.
- Cloudy with a chance of bulletstorm.
- Also, Nine Inch Nails rocks.
- Deformed. But superly so. And in a squad of sorts.
- Can World of Warcraft be dethroned? Short answer: no.
- Call of Duty: Halo Warfare
- Musical Break: Jaguar Sunrise "Adon's Theme", Super Street Fighter 4
- Call of Duty: Map Pack Warfare 2.
- Numerous transformers references.
- Cirque Du Pretentious and the Microsoft Natal
- Fable 3 for PC, only a fable?
- Revisiting past game cover art faux pas.
- R.I.P. Podtoid.
- What we've been playing. What YOU'VE been playing.
Wow. We should have slow news weeks more often. Dang.
Saturday, May 8, 2010
It's been a slow news week in the land of videogameage. That doesn't prevent us from BSing our way through another week of podcastery. Oh man, if we were only totally getting paid to do this, that would be suh-weeeet.
This week we pad out-
- Starcraft 2 Contest Winners.
- I'm a little Space Paranoid.
- PSP to PS2 ports. I don't know why either.
- The size of your fanbase counts. Xcom.
- Crysis 2, it's in New York.
- The Humble Indie Bundle. Gaming for Charity.
- DA BETA!!!
- SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 DOES IT COUNT???
- Mac Steam? Any computer smoking can't be good.
- Camping. Viable strategy.
- War for Cybertron and Optimus Prime's one sided view of history.
- News in Less than 3 Words.
Blahdablahdablah, download, listen, comment, you know the drill.
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Uhm. Yeah hi. This is Bob. Yeah. Touya's...Touya's had a bit of a meltdown this week. We're not sure what happened, but it happened roundabouts halfway through this week's podcast. So brownie points if you can spot the exact moment Touya loses his ever-lovin' mind.
This week we prattle on mindlessly about-
- Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing
- Man beats Bejewled 2. Full story from the Weekly World News/Daily Mail.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops or, more accuratley: Call of Duty: Why Should We Care?
- Space Paranoids and turning countdown clocks into pointless flash games.
- Halo Reach. Doubling up on Melee.
- Bungie works for Activision. Expect World of Halo shortly.
- STARCRAFT 2 BETA CONTEST, ENTER!
- Dude, Wait, Meme?
- What we been playing.
- Game deals of the week.
We'll get back to you next week when we can coax Touya down off the ceiling. Send biscuit wafers. It helps. Sometimes.
So early this morning, my buddy Eucep informed me that he had some Starcraft 2 Beta keys to give away. If you want into the closed Beta without having to pony up the money for a preorder, I have the opportunity here for you now!
THE DUDE WAIT WHAT STARCRAFT 2 BETA KEY CONTEST
How to enter:
- Be a member of the Nerdsphere forums
- In the official contest thread, post a quote for the following topic:
"Thing's you'll never hear a Starcraft 2 player say in multiplayer"
- Funniest quote and second funniest quote will both win Beta Keys for entry into the private Starcraft 2 Beta.
Have fun, folks, lets see those entries.
Contest is open until Saturday, May 8th, 2010
This contest is brought to you by Eucep